Acoustic Testing, Calibration, and ConsultancyWelcome to our UKAS accredited test and calibration service provided by the University of Salford Acoustics laboratory, the most modern facility of its kind in the UK. We are a unique university based laboratory combining calibration and test facilities which are independently accredited by UKAS so we can guarantee objectivity. Logistical access to our labs is excellent. Details of the scope of our UKAS accreditation can be found here. We also do a range of other tests.
We have a fully anechoic room, a transmission suite which can be separated into two adjacent reverberant rooms as required, a semi-anechoic, a listening room, a small reverberant room and a variety of acoustic and vibration equipment available for commercial use.
So you need an acoustics expert. What can the University of Salford provide?
We are able to carry out the following UKAS Accredited test procedures:
- Sound Insulation testing to BS EN ISO 10140-2 / BS EN ISO 140-3 / BS EN ISO 717-1
- Reduction of Impact to BS EN ISO 10140-3 / BS EN ISO 140-8 / BS EN ISO 717-2
- Sound Absorption to BS EN ISO 354
- Road Traffic Noise Reducing Devices to BS EN 1793-1, 2 & 3
- Sound Attenuation of Hearing Protectors to BS EN ISO 24869-1
And provide a UKAS accredited calibration service.
We also have a UKAS accredited thermal testing laboratory.
What can you expect from us?
We are committed to providing high quality acoustic test and calibration services, from experienced and knowledgeable staff. We will provide traceable calibrations or test results in a manner accordant with the relevant standard. Trouble shooting/ consultancy– We can give free advice during test days.
- Product development and prediction calculations.
- Testing of building details.
- Independency (UKAS).
Please contact Jon Donohue , Finance Officer.