Digital Media Performance Lab - MediaCityUK
The Digital Media Performance Lab is a multi-media performance space. It is a blacked out room with removable seating for 100 people. It has the biggest HD projection screen in the world and has a live sound rig.
You will use this room for modules such as Live Sound Performance, where you will line about both live sound production about setting up live sound systems.
Studios and laboratories
- Audio production suites - containing PCs and Macs for audio production using Pro Tools and Reason.
- Video post production suites - containing PCs and Macs for video production using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite.
- TV Studios - containing PCs and Macs for video production using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Radio Studios - containing PCs and Macs for video production using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Digital Media Performance Lab - a 100 seat multi-media performance space used for live sound.
- Recording studios - a set of four fully acoustically treated studios, each with its own live room.
- Anechoic chamber - a room with no echoes used to measure, for example, directionality of loudspeakers. Includes a virtual tour.
- Semi-anechoic chambers
- Reverberation chambers - rooms with little absorption, used to measure, for example, the absorption of concert hall seating. Includes a virtual tour.
- Transmission suite - two rooms used to measure how much sound goes through the walls of buildings
- Listening room - used to carry out subjective tests, for example on audio quality.
- Undergraduate laboratory - for electronics and acoustics, audio and video experiments.
- Project laboratory - containing specialist experimental equipment for final year, MSc and research projects.
- Computer laboratories - a set of PC labs for teaching programming, web design and digital audio processing.