Radio Studios - MediaCityUK
We have two radio studios at MediaCityUK. In addition to the control rooms, there is also a small live room.
We aim to migrate modules such as Digital Audio Production to use the radio studios as well as the audio production areas.
Studios and laboratories
- Audio production suites - containing PCs and Macs for audio production using Pro Tools and Reason.
- Video post production suites - containing PCs and Macs for video production using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite.
- TV Studios - containing PCs and Macs for video production using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Radio Studios - containing PCs and Macs for video production using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Digital Media Performance Lab - a 100 seat multi-media performance space used for live sound.
- Recording studios - a set of four fully acoustically treated studios, each with its own live room.
- Anechoic chamber - a room with no echoes used to measure, for example, directionality of loudspeakers. Includes a virtual tour.
- Semi-anechoic chambers
- Reverberation chambers - rooms with little absorption, used to measure, for example, the absorption of concert hall seating. Includes a virtual tour.
- Transmission suite - two rooms used to measure how much sound goes through the walls of buildings
- Listening room - used to carry out subjective tests, for example on audio quality.
- Undergraduate laboratory - for electronics and acoustics, audio and video experiments.
- Project laboratory - containing specialist experimental equipment for final year, MSc and research projects.
- Computer laboratories - a set of PC labs for teaching programming, web design and digital audio processing.