Video Post Production - MediaCityUK
We have a range of Mac and PC based post production edit suites. These run a range of software applications including Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk Suite (3D Studio Max, Maya, Smoke) and Apple Final Cut Pro. The dual HD monitors provide a large workspace area in which to work from, making it easier to edit video when using one or more programs simultaneously. The machines are all connected into our Media Asset Managment system. This system stores both the raw material and the production project. It allows students to share material with each other and to find and re-use appropriate material.
You use this room to make short television programmes. Here, you use our HD solid state cameras to record source material. You then ingest this into the Media Asset Management system. Finally, you edit the material into the final film using a mix of the software applications like Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro. The best material will be displayed on the screens around our MediaCityUK building.
Studios and laboratories
- Audio production suites - containing PCs and Macs for audio production using Pro Tools and Reason.
- Video post production suites - containing PCs and Macs for video production using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite.
- TV Studios - containing PCs and Macs for video production using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Radio Studios - containing PCs and Macs for video production using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Digital Media Performance Lab - a 100 seat multi-media performance space used for live sound.
- Recording studios - a set of four fully acoustically treated studios, each with its own live room.
- Anechoic chamber - a room with no echoes used to measure, for example, directionality of loudspeakers. Includes a virtual tour.
- Semi-anechoic chambers
- Reverberation chambers - rooms with little absorption, used to measure, for example, the absorption of concert hall seating. Includes a virtual tour.
- Transmission suite - two rooms used to measure how much sound goes through the walls of buildings
- Listening room - used to carry out subjective tests, for example on audio quality.
- Undergraduate laboratory - for electronics and acoustics, audio and video experiments.
- Project laboratory - containing specialist experimental equipment for final year, MSc and research projects.
- Computer laboratories - a set of PC labs for teaching programming, web design and digital audio processing.